Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Bold and The Beautiful: Nars Guy Bourdin Blush Coeur Battant Review

When it comes to blush I really get excited. I don't even remember where my love for blush began but all I know is that Nars makes some of the meanest blushes on the market.
The reason I love them is because they are ultra pigmented, have long wear on the cheeks, and have some of the most universally flattering tones on the market.
The quality alone aids with my decision to invest in these blushes that are a bit on the pricier end.
Nars cosmetics launched their holiday collection which pays homage to François Nars admiration for controversial fashion photographer Guy Bourdin's art.
If you read up information on Guy Bourdin you will see why he is considered controversial and why this collection has stirred the pot across the beauty community.
For me personally I choose to have my personal opinions about my perceptions of Guy Bourdin work and focus solely on the collection itself because prior to this collection I have never heard of this artist.
I on the other hand fell in love with a few of the products in the range but decided as we near close to Christmas I would get the one stand out product (to me) in the collection and that was this beautiful blush Coeur Battant.
I will go over some information on this blush plus my personal opinion!

About Nars Coeur Battant Blush
  • Coeur Battant is a beautiful bold magenta color 
  • This blush is limited edition only available for the holiday season, or while quantities last
  • Coeur Battant is completely matte (Love)
  • The packaging has Guy Bourdin artwork on it however the actual blush palette is the traditional black Nars palette
  • There is 4.8 grams of product (Typical of all Nars blushes)
  • The blush palette also contains a mirror that is helpful on the go
  • Nars blushes retail for $32 CAD
  • Nars blushes can be purchased at Sephora, The Bay (Canada) and on the Nars website

My personal opinion on Coeur Battant Blush
  • This blush may look intimidating in the pan however when applied with a light hand it creates a beautiful pop on the cheeks
  • Coeur Battant is extremely pigmented so may be tricky for lighter skin tones to work with, however a stippling brush will aid in getting just the right amount on the cheeks
  • This blush is universally flattering however I believe it will look really nice on tan to darker skin tones
  • Coeur battant has the silky smooth application Nars blushes typically have
  • This blush is easy to blend out on the skin 
  • I am excited that I got my hands on this blush and would definitely repurchase again (although I am sure I won't have to since I've never hit pan on ANY blush I own)
  • Coeur Battant is a very unique blush (in my collection) and is definitely a beautiful blush to add to your Christmas list this holiday season
Wearing Nars Coeur Battant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog