Friday, December 6, 2013

Tender Love and Care: Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque Review

The last several months I have been neglecting my hair in the worst way.
I was always diligent with deep conditioning and pre-pooing my tresses, and the fact that I added honey blond streaks to my hair was a big motivator to keep up the high maintenance.
Now I am back on my TLC (tender love and care) vibe and been searching for some deep conditioner masks that don't break the bank and are easily accessible.
I already have my holy grail from Shea Moisture, however in Canada it is $20+ and I wanted to see if I could find something comparable in the beauty supply store.
I do not believe I have found a comparable replacement for my Shea Moisture masque and will discuss some information about this deep treatment masque and my impressions.

Information on Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque:


  • Cantu Shea Butter masque is a deep conditioning treatment that is suppose to nourish dry, damaged and brittle hair
  • This masque is made with 100% Shea butter 
  • Cantu is formulated without harsh chemicals and ingredients
  • This product contains no mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, gluten, or DEA (something hard for me personally to find in a beauty supply)
  • This product is not tested on animals
  • Cantu Shea butter Masque contains 340g of product (very reasonable) 
  • Cantu should be applied all over the hair with special attention paid to the ends of your hair
  • The instructions indicated to leave it on for 30 minutes and rinsed out 
  • It can be left on really dry hair as a leave in conditioner
  • I picked it up at my local beauty supply Clore in Toronto and it retailed for $8.99 CAD

My Personal Impressions/Experience:

  • I was very excited at the reasonable price tag on this masque in store and noticed it is always on sale
  • I was thrilled with the product ingredient listing because I find it challenging to find products in the beauty supply that have no mineral oil, sulfates or parabens
  • The smell of the product is pleasant
  • The consistency of the masque is very nice and thick and coats the hair very well
  • The amount of product in the treatment is great and can be used at least 4-5 times (even on my thick hair)
  • I applied the masque to my hair for over 30 minutes (typical for me) but my hair felt stiff and dry on my first attempt
  • Upon my second attempt with this masque I left it in for a little over 30 minutes and my hair felt a bit better, however wasn't as soft as I would prefer
  • I will not be repurchasing this product once I have finished it because it didn't provide any stellar results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog