Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Cover Up: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer Review

Lately I have been obsessed with concealer...amongst everything else. I have been getting so little sleep and have been suffering from the worst insomnia of my 29 years of life.
I do not have dark under eye circles or anything major however I do have lines under my eyes that tend to stick out like a sore thumb the days my insomnia is at its worst. 
 I have watched enough tutorials and got enough demo's in store and decided I must get a concealer a bit lighter then my skin-tone to brighten my under eye area.
As a makeup connoisseur I'm sure this sounds like common sense, but in all honesty I think that  look appears funny on me and never turns out how I like. 
Long story short I read and seen rave reviews on the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer and decided to pick it up and jump into the pool of hype lol.

A few details about Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer:

  • Nars describes this concealer as a creamy concealer that helps to blur lines, imperfections and hide dark under eye circles while using light diffusing technology to create a smoother complexion. 
  • The collection comes with 10 different shades that suit woman of the lightest skin tones to woman of darker skin tones. 
  • The packaging is a slim and sleek plastic tube (15 ml) similar to Nars lip-glosses and comes with a doe-foot applicator to apply the product 
  • Nars radiant creamy concealer is said to suit all skin types
  • The concealer is extremely creamy which allows for you to seamlessly and effortlessly blend it out with your fingers or a brush
  • The coverage of is medium to full coverage when layered
  • It has a beautiful satin finish that does leave the skin looking luminous and youthful
My Personal Experience:
  • I bought shade Amdande for a highlighting effect under the eye but it was a bit too yellow based for my skin, so I exchanged it for Cafe with was a perfect match (I'm Mac NW45 for reference) 
  • This shade by no means can highlight your under eye if you are similar to my shade
  •  It actually is the exact skin tone match, however the thickness and creaminess of the product helps to conceal under my eye
  • For me it would crease and no matter what I tried! I would set it with a setting powder and within hours it creased under my eyes and settled into the wrinkles under my eye
  • The formulation is beautiful and the colours are also varied for all types of skin colours but I was disappointed at the continued creasing under the eye
  • I returned this concealer after trying to play with it in several ways and likely will just stick to my holy grail Mac prolong-wear concealer to avoid creasing
  • Nars radiant creamy concealer can be purchased at Sephora and The Bay and retails for $28 CAD
  • I would suggest if you are interested in purchasing this product to try it out in store a few times and see if it works for you
  • I am hoping that one day the formulation is improved because the actual product is beautiful
  • Many people say it works for them and is a holy grail so give it a shot 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog