Friday, October 11, 2013

Fine like Wine: Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Lead the Way Review

BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie: Lead the Way Lipstick
While strolling in Sephora (my usual) one day I stopped at the Bare Minerals section of the store and noticed they had a lipstick collection. I am not that familiar with Bare Minerals, however I do know they are known for their foundation and skincare!
 I decided I wanted to expand my brand horizons like any regular makeup junkie should and swatched Bare minerals moxie lipsticks all over my little hands.
All the lipsticks I tried felt extremely moisturizing, and where all pigmented.
I wondered why I had been bias and walked past these lippies all along.
Lead the Way
Anyhow I fell in love with a purple lipstick called Lead the way and decided to bite the bullet and purchase it.

Here are a few details about Lead the way:

  • Lead the way is described as a "wine" colour, which is a deep purple
  • This lipstick has a creamy formula which wears very comfortable on the lips
  • There is also a slightly glossy sheen which is noticeable upon application of the lipstick (satin like finish)
  • The lipstick is very pigmented and looks opaque once applied (2 thumbs up)
  • Bare minerals says they have included fatty acids and vitamins within the formulation that aid in keeping the lips moisturized (Vitamin A, C, and E) 
  • Lead the way and all lipsticks in this collection come in a unique lipstick tube that requires a press of a button to slide the lipstick up (quite innovative but a little tricky at first) 
    BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick Packaging
  • All lipsticks within the collection are formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates 
  • Lead the way would suit lite, tanned, and darker skin tones with ease
  • Perfect for the fall/ winter months especially since keeps lips moist
  • Best worn with a darker lipliner to prevent lipstick from bleeding outside of the lips
  • Retails for $23 CAD and can be purchased at Sephora or Bare Minerals website
  • I did realize (upon returning home) that it resembles 2 other lipsticks that I have in my collection so returned the lipstick
  • It looks like a dupe to Mac's Rebel (my favourite) and Wet & Wild's Sugar Plum Fairy 908 C
  • Overall I feel it is a beautiful lipstick, however if you have the dupes I have listed I would save money and look at others in the collection 
  • Going forward I will be checking out other lipsticks in the line because I believe I will really love the formulation 
    Swatch of Lead the Way Lipstick 
  • P.S don't forget that you are able to return cosmetics (if you don't like/ have changed your mind) so keep your receipts handy








Dupe Comparison: Wet &Wild 908C, BareMinerals Lead the Way, Mac's Rebel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog