Sunday, June 9, 2013

Exfoliating Queen: Lush Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub Review

So the summer time is in full swing and I find I have cut back on my makeup purchasing and have focused more and more on skin care. With arms and legs out they must be ready to be exposed! I tend to have some rough patches on the skin and suffer from keratosis pilaris.
Keratosis pilaris are those pesky annoying chicken looking bumps that a lot of people have behind the arms, legs, and even booty. They have a grater like- rough texture and just really bug the hell out of me in honesty.
One of the ways I combat this is with the use of body scrubs to smooth down the skin and remove any dead cells and patches.
For the last few months I had been eyeing and doing some research on Lush's Ocean salt and debating up and down about purchasing the item.
I read such great reviews about it and considered buying the smaller size (120 grams for $21.95 which is small as hell) or purchasing the larger tub (250 grams for $35.95 which is big but pricey as hell). I went back and forth but decided to bite the bullet and purchase the larger tub so I could get a very good use out of it and was told in store about the excellent return policy they have in place.
Lush's Ocean Salt is a scrub that can be used all over the body as well as the face. The ingredients are the true culprit of my decision to go with this product. It is packed with fine sea salt, coarse sea salt, fresh lime juice, avocado butter, coconut fat, lime oil, seaweed absolute, violet leaf, grapefruit infusion, and vodka (yes VODKA).
All these great ingredients are said to soften skin, remove dead skin and dirt, and hydrate.
The lime and vodka are said to have antibacterial effects which are good for blemishes, blocked pores, and blackheads as it states on the lush website.
This product is said to be good for all skin types but if you have sensitive skin I would suggest getting a sample to see if it works well for you.
I really love this product! In truth I felt like it was over hyped but now that I have been using it several times I have noticed the difference in the feel of my legs and arms. I don't use it on my face because I already have a scrub for my face and feel it may be too harsh. The smell is so beautiful and leaves you feeling like you are on vacation in a tropical heaven. I see people claiming a little goes a long way but I guess I may be heavy handed and in love because I am already at the half way mark and imagine I will have to re-up on this item very soon.
I use this scrub by applying it to my body after I have cleansed my skin. I rub it all over my body counter clock wise and concentrate heavily on the rougher areas. I try and let it sit on my skin for a few moments and massage it off the skin and wash it off. So far I use it 2-3 times a week. After my shower I pat my body dry and apply a moisturizing cream and go!
I have been using this product for about a month and really am in awe of how much I see and feel a difference in my skin.  This product is fabulous.
Overall I think this is a holy grail item and I am very glad I bit the bullet on this one. This product is pricey but works very well and has left me as a satisfied customer.
This scrub can be purchased at any Lush store or ordered on the Lush website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog