Sunday, May 5, 2013

Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque

Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap- Purification Masque
When I cut my hair off and went natural I read endless blog posts and watched many YouTube videos about deep conditioning. I remember as a little girl my mother deep conditioning my hair from time to time and I hated it and didn't see the big deal and how it was helpful. 
Then when I wanted my hair to grow as fast as possible I started deep conditioning on a weekly basis and really saw a lot of improvements in the texture of my hair, the moisture, as well as the strength. 
As my hair got to the length I was content with I got lazy and stopped deep conditioning  every week. That made for more tangles and more dryness and now I am jumping back on the bandwagon. I intend to deep condition at least 2 x a month but ideally weekly would be best. I then went on the hunt for a new deep conditioner.
I purchased Shea Moisture's African black soap purification hair masque and really enjoy it.

This product contains:
  • Deionized Water
  • Coconut
  • Shea Butter
  • Mango
  • Avocado
  • African Black Soap Extract
  • Sea Salt
  • Kaolin Clay
  • Grapeseed Oil
  • Jojoba
  • Willow
  • Neem
  • Aloe Vera Leaf Juice 
  • Tea Tree
  • Vitamin E
  • Rosemary Extract
  • Sage
  • Honeysuckle and Japanese Honeysuckle
  • Silicone free
  • Sulfate free
  • Paraben free
  • Protein free
  • Glycerin free
As you see this is loaded with great ingredients and is completely organic. I was hesitant to purchase it initially because I saw the words "purification" and "clay" together and figured it wouldn't replenish the moisture I was looking for. 
I was wrong in fact I put it on my hair before bed time, put on a plastic bag on my hair and slept with it over night (use your discretion my hair is very thick and strong) and woke up with very soft and moisturized hair. So far I have been really enjoying this product and glad I gave it a try. This is going to be added to my staple products because I was that impressed by my first few uses. 
The texture is quite thick on the product and saturated my hair very well so I can see I will be able to get quite a few uses out of this product. 
The smell of this conditioner is very nature-like but it is very bearable and does not linger in your hair.
My hair was so soft that I was able to de-tangle with the deep conditioner on and it cut my time and agony in half!
It says that it is good for itchy dry scalp but I don't suffer from any of those issues to comment.
I purchased this deep conditioner at my local beauty supply for $10.00 CAD now this was a mis-marked item (the cashier looked sad) :) but I see that the other ones retail for $16.00 CAD. This can be purchased at Clore (if you are in the Toronto area), Honey Fig (Toronto), Target (in the states) and online as well. 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog