Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Nice and Silky: Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub: Lavender Camomille

Nothing makes me more sad then the way my skin appears in the winter time. Between the ashyness 
Bath & Body works Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub: Lavender Chamomile
(darker skin sisters you know what I mean) the dryness, and flakes that sometimes come from the dramatic wear and tear of winter my skin gets a beating. Also I suffer from razor bumps and ingrown hair on the back of my legs and back of my arms and I have to go to WAR on my skin by the time spring and summer comes around. 
Exfoliating the skin is a important step when it comes to mapping out your skin care regiment. Exfoliation removes dead skin cell from the body, refreshes and rejuvenates the skin, and makes the skin feel smooth. It also makes the skin glow, encourages circulation of body fluids within, is relaxing, and is rumoured to aid with cellulite and aging of the skin. Those are a fine list of benefits so it is clear to see why I am big on scrubs! I use scrubs on my lips, on my face, and of course on my body. 
Bath and Body Works always has a lot of great promotions and sales that I try to take part of leading up to summer time, or during there semi annual sale. This is where I found Aromatherapy sugar scrub.
This sugar scrub is suppose to be used while in the shower by taking some of the product out and massaging it all over your body with your hands. This product is said to combine exfoliating sugar and a  blend of sunflower, safflower, sweet almond and jojoba oils to leave skin feeling smooth like butter. The chamomile and lavender are suppose to calm the body and enhance sleep. I must admit when I use it I sleep like a newborn child because it is so soothing. I like to use this product before I shave to reduce razor bumps I get as well as use prior to wearing shorts or skirts in the summertime. Be very careful with this scrub due to the essential oils it is infused with it can leave your tub extremely slippery. This scrub once applied leaves skin feeling moisturized and the scent lasts on the body for the entire day. There are a few different scents that you can choose from that have different benefits. Some of my favourites are: Black Current Vanilla, Orange Ginger, and Jasmine Vanilla. 
Also keep in mind the packaging changes on this product regularly so my picture may be out of date.
This scrub retails for $16 CAD however you can get a lot of promotions on this item if you are patient and sign up for emails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog