Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Lipgloss is Popping! Victoria Secret Lip Rush Lip gloss

Left to Right: Candy Baby, Double Truffle, Dandy Cane, Tiny Bubbles, Red Delicious,Hottie Cider
When I first started wearing any form of makeup lip gloss was my favourite product of choice. When you are a teenager or college student your budget tends to be limited for makeup and you need to find items that are high quality and low cost. 
Although my holy grail lip gloss is Mac clear lip-glass I needed something more affordable and something I could keep readily available in my stash. 
Victoria Secret is one of my favourite stores ever and they have a lot of sales that keep me engaged. 
Lip Rush lip glosses where selling for $2 each at the semi annual sale so I picked up one and reluctantly tried it out. I am very picky with my lip gloss because all are not created equal and I am looking for a specific look and feel.
 Some  glosses make my lips very irritated, some are way to thick and don't provide the high shine gloss I prefer however when I tried lip rush I was amazed. For such a low price it was comparable to my Mac gloss but was way cheaper and less sticker!  Below is an outline to my personal pros's and con's of Victoria Secrets Beauty Rush lip glosses.

Pros's 

  •  Lip Rush lip glosses come in many different flavours and tints
  • There are a few that come infused with sparkle (not the abrasive tacky type)
  • They have clear glosses with no sparkle
  • Very inexpensive and high quality
  • Very nice scents that are not overbearing
  • Readily available online for $9 USD each/ 2 for $15 USD/ 4 for $20 USD 
Cons
  • May bother you if sensitive to scents 
  • Do not have much color payoff looks sheer upon application
  • Comes in a squeeze tube vs doe foot applicator
All in all I recommend trying these out if you are looking for an inexpensive lip gloss that can be worn alone or on top of lipstick. 
Do keep in mind that the packaging has also changed slightly from the pictures I have posted. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog