Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fuchsia Flash: Fuchsia Lipsticks & Glosses to add some Pizzazz

It is quite obvious that I am a lipstick junkie so lets not even go over that. I challenge myself to have a variety of shades and hues that fit my many different moods. As we step closer and closer to the warmer weather (I can almost feel it) I am going through my makeup storage and pulling some shades I have not touched in a little while. I was a bit inspired to write this blog because I have touched on the typical colours most woman see as cult classics: red, pink, and purple but thought hey what about fuchsia? 
Fuchsia is one of those colours I find to be flattering of all woman of different pigmentation and skin tones. It is almost that vixen color that is a nice blend of pink and red but stands out on its own as being pretty bold and sexy with some spunk! What woman doesn't want to feel a little spunky right? I have several different brands of lipsticks but I focused some of my favourites that never get old. 
From Left to Right: Mac: Girl About Town, Occ Liptar: Anime, Revlon Lip Butter: Raspberry Pie, Lime Crime Centrifchsia, Mac: Gimme That!, Victoria Secret: Tiny Bubbles
  • Mac Girl About Town: Girl about town is a flirty dark fuchsia that is blue based. It has a creamy amplified finish and is extremely pigmented on the lips and wears comfortably for hours. This lipstick can suit the palest of woman to the darkest skinned woman and look stunning. Retails for $18 CAD and can be purchased at any Mac counter or on Mac's website
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Anime:  is described as a neon pink on OCC's website but comes out as a lighter fuchsia color on pigmented lips like mine. It is extremely opaque and a little goes a long way on the lips and should be applied with a lip brush. This also is stunning on all woman of all shades. Retails for $22 CAD and can be purchased on OCC website, Sephora, and some theatrical makeup stores
  • Revlon Raspberry Pie: This lip butter on  Revlon website is described as a dark raspberry pink but again with darker pigmentation on the lips it comes out appearing . This is such a nice formulation and Revlon has hit the mark with these lip-butters that feel like coloured lip balms. The pigmentation is deep which was unexpected to me and the texture smooth. Retails for $7.99 and can be purchased in any drug store internationally
  • Lime Crime Centrifuchsia: is a beautiful darkened pink/ fuchsia that is absolutely smooth like butter that wears long on the lips and adds a slight stain as well. It is  beautiful on all woman of different skin-tones. The bonus is that ingredients in the lipstick are vegan. Retails for $18 USD and can be purchased on Lime Crime's website or on Amazon.com 
  • Mac Gimme That! Lipglass: This is a limited edition lip glass that Mac released in there Dare to Wear collection. (they will likely re-release it eventually like they typically do) Gimme that is a bright fuchsia that has a slightly dark red tone and beautiful micro sparkles that can not be felt on the lips. Anytime I wear this paired with one of the other lipsticks I get stopped by woman asking me what I am wearing. It wears a little sticky (I like that) and is very opaque and pigmented. Retails for $20 CAD 
  • Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss in Tiny Bubbles: This lip gloss is a shimmery dark fuchsia  that wears beautiful and sheer on its own but adds some umph to any of the lip products I have listed. Don't sleep on Victoria Secret lip gloss because in my opinion they are one of the best and are pretty reasonable especially during semi annual sales! Retails for $6.99 CAD and can be purchased in Victoria's Secret stores or online. 
Top to Bottom: Mac: Girl About Town, Occ Liptar: Anime, Revlon Lip Butter: Raspberry Pie, Lime Crime Centrifchsia, Mac: Gimme That!, Victoria Secret: Tiny Bubbles
Left to Right: Mac: Girl About Town, Occ Liptar: Anime, Revlon Lip Butter: Raspberry Pie, Lime Crime Centrifchsia, Mac: Gimme That!, Victoria Secret: Tiny Bubbles





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog