Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Foundation Review: Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation

Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
The weekend is one of those things that whizz past in full speed especially when you are enjoying beautiful weather and time away from work. I ended up visiting the local mall and Makeup Forever was having an event where you can sit down for free with a makeup artist and they help you get tips on makeup application for 30 minutes. I am a sucker for these things because it is clear that they are  merely trying to sell you tons of products but I was down for it and joined the fun. While getting some lessons on placement of highlighter the artist put a powder foundation on me and I was in awe. She marked down the number and I decided I would visit the store and give it a whirl.
Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
Makeup Forever's pro finish multi use powder foundation is a light powder foundation that can be used both wet or dry on the face and provides light to medium coverage. I so far have tried the product dry and love the look of it on my skin. It is said to be a matte finish but for me gives more of a satin finish on the skin that comes across very natural and allows your true skin to shine through. On the box is says you can use it wet as well but I feel like wet would provide more coverage on the skin then I would like so have been avoiding using it like that thus far. 
I was very surprised with this foundation because literally you feel like your wearing nothing and it really matches the golden tones in my face very well. I purchased shade #177 Neutral Carmel and it is a dead on match for me. I apply the product with a Kabuki brush to and buff it 
Tarte Kabuki Brush 
into the skin the foundation blends so well. I have always avoided powdered foundation because I figured it might look heavy or cakey on my face but I
 really like it  so far. If you have a lot of acne marks on your face I would skip this because it doesn't cover anything much on the face it just makes your face look even. This foundation is also paraben free, comes in a sleek compact that can be carried around in your makeup bag or purse and has a makeup sponge for touch ups. It retails for $42.00 CAD and can be purchased at Sephora, Sears, and any other retailers online. 

*Update May 8th 2013 I have since debated and have returned this item to Sephora. Although I was truly in love with the finish and look of the product I noticed my face started to get an extremely itchy reaction to this product so I returned it to the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog