Tuesday, April 2, 2013

All Set-Ready-Go: Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

Lately I have been getting a lot of questions in regards to foundation, the right products to use as well as some tips on how to combat some of the issues that arise. I tell ladies, try this foundation I heard it works, try wearing a primer under, try a matte formulation, etc. In all of my inquiries I have been getting I for some reason forget to tell them the trick of the trade and why my makeup tends to stay in place. Finishing Powder! 
Now for me I stumbled into this product one day because I hated the idea of applying a powder that added more color to my skin and then made me appear cakey. I wanted a product that would just set my foundation, or tined moisturizer, and concealer in place. Essentially "Freeze" the hard work I have done (Beating my face to the gods). 
Essentially what a finishing powder does is set your make up in place, reduce the appearance of pores on the face, fill in lines and imperfections on the face and reduce some shine to the face. Now all say that and I will agree with most of the above statements except that I still see some pores and imperfections just the same. 
Mac's prep and prime sets your makeup and allows for a transparent finish on the skin. I have heard woman complain that it leaves a white cast to the face with flash photography and I have yet to notice. Some even say that they have a white cast on the face the moment they have applied this product but I feel this means too much of the product has been used. Just a bit applied to the cap a swept onto a fluffy powder brush and dusted over the face is more then enough needed. 
When using a under eye concealer just press a bit of it onto your brush or sponge and press it onto the under eye. 
Mac Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
Mac's Prep and prime can be purchased in Mac for $29.00 CAD and lasts forever! I am sure I have had mine for 3 years and barley placed a dent in it. The powder is odourless and silky. Due to it being fine milled it disappears on contact of the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog