Friday, March 29, 2013

Product Fail: MAC Oil Control Lotion

Like many people I tend to have a oily t-zone and it truly annoys the hell out of me putting it simple. I apply my primer, my foundation, and some powder to my face and leave the house looking flawless! Give my face 15-20 minutes and my nose, chin, and middle of forehead are oily and it appears as though I did nothing to my face. While talking to a Mac makeup artist I complained about the fact I have this problem and was quickly recommended Mac's Oil Control Lotion. 
    Mac describes this lotion as lightweight lotion that mattifying the face and bonds makeup to the skin. I grabbed the travel size lotion which comes in a 30ml tube for $13 CAD and left behind the standard size bottle which is 50ml retails for $40 CAD. The consistency of the lotion is nice and light, the scent of the product is fresh and slightly floral and leaves the face feeling soft and moisturized upon application. 
My issue with the lotion is I see no difference with use. I have used it several times, changed my application and used it on days it was cold outside and zero difference. Next time I will try to apply this first under my primer and then apply my foundation. I hate to do so much work to make a product work but it has been purchased so I will do what I must. Will be be repurchasing this again? NOPE. For the price, and lack of results I am not much of a fan.
I will finish off my saying it is a good idea to get a tester and see if it will in fact work for you since you may have slightly different results then I had as well.
If you have tried out this product tell us what your experience was? Is there any product you recommend me or readers trying? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog